Reviews or 'Applause' From Our Happy Book Owners...
Please email us your comments after you enjoy one book or the whole series, so that we can add it here:
29. “All three of your books are of fine quality, great pictures, nicely printed and well presented. I have collected all kinds of books, many interior design books. Your presentations are among the best!!! Keep up the outstanding work, and if other books become available let me know.” - Book Collector – Bowling Green, OH
28. “I am a Custom Home Builder in Lake Geneva area and a big fan of your books. No matter what architect we utilize on our projects, one of the first things I do with our clients is to provide them a copy of your book (Volume IV) and have them study it to reference ideas and items they want to incorporate in their home.” - John Matustik, Lake Geneva, WI Home Builder
27. “I have just received a fabulous Valentine gift from my wonderful husband... a hot off the press Naples Distinctive Homes book and I am ecstatic to receive it! I have briefly thumbed through the pages and I cannot wait to devour every detail! What a gift you have, and I am so thankful that you are sharing it!!! – Tina Schneider, Berkshire Hathaway Realtor
26. “We truly appreciate all of your efforts in putting together this beautiful book! What a wonderful legacy to leave for our beautiful city of Naples." - Weber Design Group
25. “I love being able to get a glimpse into the interiors of these homes. It's also interesting learning about the history and the factors that went into design decisions. Overall, great mix of writing and photos.” - Buyer of all 3 books – Takoma Park, MD
24. “This is a well-curated book. The author (an architect) gained access to an impressive number of architecturally distinctive homes and has presented them with the right mix of authority, data, description, comments from the owners and photos. Very attractively designed layout which has a sort of craftsmanlike style to it. A great coffee table book.” – Architecture Critic – Jacksonville, FL
23. “Beautiful book about the homes around the lake in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The author has selected all types of architecture and architectural details that he feels are distinctive. It is not a book about the biggest home or best decorated. The selected homes are organized by dock number around the lake. The year built, the architect, the builder, the style and unique features are pointed out in text or beautiful photographs. There is a walking path around the lake. This book answers questions you might wonder about as you walk by the houses”. - Visitor – Lake Geneva, WI
22. “I seldom pay full price for a book or read them cover to cover. But I’m glad that I did both things with your book. That has LONG been one of my favorite areas and it was fascinating to read the details and backstories behind some of the newer houses. And your photography was spectacular.” - ScottAllen Barber – Kenilworth, IL
21. “I was given this book as a gift two years ago and I still love to study its pages. The homes are outstanding and the architecture for this area is truly distinctive. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves looking at beautiful homes and decorating!” – PVB Realtor
20. “I have just finished going through your past two books and feel compelled to write and congratulate you on the most detail photographed presentation of large home displays that I've ever seen. Your apparent personal relationship with the owners made your coverage that much more interesting. You captured perfectly the most magnificent homes. I can tell you will be finishing more books in your series of homes around the US so please leave me on your mailing list. I want to have every one of them in my collection! You are doing a beautiful job of capturing these impressive homes for future reference.” - Jack Bertoglio, Developer
19. "Thank you for authoring your Lake Geneva book. I bought all of the remaining copies at the Black Point gift shop for Christmas presents. Everyone loved their copy! We've seen some of the homes on the September home tours, but many are 'off limits.' I look through the book nearly every day and recognize the homes from the Gage tour boats." - Jim Wangard
18. "I LOVED your book. Once I started it, I couldn't stop until I finished. The photos are absolutely fabulous, and it was fun to read the descriptions and the RESOURCES section. I am very much impressed!" - Donna Varland
17. “Your books on Distinctive Homes are amazing peeks into homes most of us will only admire from the curb. Thanks for taking us inside some of the most distinctive homes in the country.” Be On-Purpose! - Kevin W. McCarthy, CEO, On-Purpose Business Advisors in Orlando, FL
16. “Congrats your books are not only coffee table quality, but a valued reference in our office when researching authentic design detailing for residential design. Keep it up we are big fans!”
- Ken Puncerelli, CEO, LAI Design Group in Denver, CO
15. "I couldn't set it down for four hours, and I'll be back at it again tonight."
14. "We were so surprised by how many beautiful interior pictures that you included."
13. "I want to buy another book! It is really a great piece of work! Congratulations! Our friend loved it when Julie and I gave her the autographed copy...she used to live here and is now back in Rhode Island, so it reminds her of home."
12. "Fabulous!! Your book was one of my favorite gifts this Christmas and I flip through it at least three times a week!"
11. "I haven't been able to put it down since my first opportunity to devour it."
10. "Glenn has had this love of architecture since I met him in 7th grade. A wonderful guy with an eye for beauty and clean lines. Congratulations, my friend." - Pat Mahan Recker in Reading, PA
9. "What a fantastic book! It will take me several weeks of study to just partially cover it, and many more to really feel that I've done it justice." - Shirley Beneke
8. "I knew that you were a superb architect, but now I see that you are also a superb photographer. The detail and colors those pictures show are outstanding." - Bill Klima
7. "Your book is stunning; I am honored to have an autographed copy proudly displayed on my coffee table." - Judith
6. "What a piece of work; you have single-handedly raised our PVB real estate values."
5. "I can't wait to see your "Distinctive Homes of America, Volume IV -Lake Geneva, WI" book!
4. "My Dad loves your book and displays it proudly in the living room of their home. Your book made a great Fathers' Day gift."
3. Everyone seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed your presentation at our Chamber at Noon Luncheon! - Melissa Landoll
2. "I have enjoyed reading your donated book, and I particularly enjoyed your artistic photography. I am certain that your book will be enjoyed by many in our community." - Alisha Benson, Lake Geneva, WI Public Library
1. "Mary Ann and I thank you for being a part of our luxury real estate program. You were the perfect person to speak on your specialty. Thanks again!" - Gwen Templeton - Northeast FL Assoc. of Realtors